Headache on the roads as vehicles block routes around Stevenage
A series of problems caused big tailbacks around Stevenage during the morning rush hour.
Four separate incidents combined with heavy Monday morning traffic around the town to cause delays for motorists.
Within minutes of 8am a lorry collided with a car on the slip road of Broadhall Way. Both vehicles needed recovering. At around the same time a car broke down on Wedgwood Way, also needing recovery.
Shortly before 8.30am a broken down vehicle on North Road at the junction with the one way system partially blocked the road while the driver arranged his own recovery.
At 8.40am, police operating an automatic number plate recognition spot check stopped a vehicle for having no insurance on Burton Road. Officers seized the vehicle which had to be recovered.
You may also want to watch:
No-one was hurt in any of the incidents.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 5 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory