Headache on the roads as vehicles block routes around Stevenage
A series of problems caused big tailbacks around Stevenage during the morning rush hour.
Four separate incidents combined with heavy Monday morning traffic around the town to cause delays for motorists.
Within minutes of 8am a lorry collided with a car on the slip road of Broadhall Way. Both vehicles needed recovering. At around the same time a car broke down on Wedgwood Way, also needing recovery.
Shortly before 8.30am a broken down vehicle on North Road at the junction with the one way system partially blocked the road while the driver arranged his own recovery.
At 8.40am, police operating an automatic number plate recognition spot check stopped a vehicle for having no insurance on Burton Road. Officers seized the vehicle which had to be recovered.
No-one was hurt in any of the incidents.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist