Heavy machinery falls from lorry in Hitchin, causing delays and injuring one
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being advised to avoid a major road in Hitchin this afternoon after the load from a lorry tipped over.
Herts police have confirmed that heavy machinery had fallen from a lorry on Grove Road at 1.50pm today.
One man was injured in the incident but was quickly discharged by ambulance crews as his injuries were neither serious nor life-threatening.
Grove Road is currently closed from the junction of Woolgrove Road to the junction of Bury Mead while the vehicle is recovered.
Herts firefighters are also at the scene assisting police officers as the situation is being dealt with.
You may also want to watch:
Herts County Council Highways is warning of heavy traffic in the Walsworth area of Hitchin and says delays are to be expected.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 7 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 10 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award