Services between Hitchin and Cambridge ‘will not resume tonight’ due to overhead cable damage
- Credit: Archant
Train lines are currently blocked between Stevenage and Peterborough and Hitchin and Cambridge, after damage to overhead electrical wires was discovered earlier this afternoon.
Customers are advised not to use this route, as disruption is expected until the end of the day.
Thameslink Railway has said the damage is “substantial” and “will not be fixed today”.
It also said: “We are fairly certain that services between Hitchin and Peterborough will not resume tonight, with work planned to take place overnight.
“It is also very likely that early morning services will also be affected.”
You may also want to watch:
Journey times may be extended by up to two hours, and passengers are advised to seek alternative routes.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation