Services between Hitchin and Cambridge ‘will not resume tonight’ due to overhead cable damage
- Credit: Archant
Train lines are currently blocked between Stevenage and Peterborough and Hitchin and Cambridge, after damage to overhead electrical wires was discovered earlier this afternoon.
Customers are advised not to use this route, as disruption is expected until the end of the day.
Thameslink Railway has said the damage is “substantial” and “will not be fixed today”.
It also said: “We are fairly certain that services between Hitchin and Peterborough will not resume tonight, with work planned to take place overnight.
“It is also very likely that early morning services will also be affected.”
You may also want to watch:
Journey times may be extended by up to two hours, and passengers are advised to seek alternative routes.
- 1 Have you seen wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 2 Walk-through coronavirus test site opens in Stevenage
- 3 Elderly queue in cold as mass vaccine centre opens its doors in Stevenage
- 4 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 5 Flooding closes part of major road in Stevenage
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Damage caused to Stevenage salon during burglary
- 8 100-year-old woman regains strength with Stop Falls campaign
- 9 Four-storey apartment block could be built in town centre after revised application submitted
- 10 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19