Train lines blocked after person hit by train between Finsbury Park and Alexandra Palace
- Credit: Archant
Train lines are partially blocked after a person was hit by a train between Finsbury Park and Alexandra Palace this afternoon.
Govia-run Great Northern and Thameslink services are running a reduced service to and from London Kings Cross, with trains subject to delays of up to 90 minutes.
Lines are expected to remain disrupted until approximately 5pm.
You may use Thameslink and Great Northern tickets on the following alternative routes at no extra cost:
- Thameslink services between London St Pancras and Bedford
- London Underground via any reasonable route
- Greater Anglia services between London Liverpool Street and Cambridge/Ely, and also between London Liverpool Street and Hertford North
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 7 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 8 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- London Overground between London Liverpool Street and Enfield Town
- London North Eastern Railway between London Kings Cross and Peterborough
- CrossCountry services between Cambridge and Peterborough
- East Midlands Railway between Ely and Norwich
- TfL Buses on routes between Crews Hill / Hadley Wood, Alexandra Palace, Finsbury Park and Central London
- Arriva buses routes 55, 97, 98, 100*, 101* and 724
- Uno buses on routes 601*, 602*, 653*, 610* and 612*
You can use a number of local bus services to travel between the Hitchin area and Luton, Harpenden, St Albans or Radlett, where connecting trains will run on the parallel Thameslink route. These buses are marked by an asterisk*.
- If you need to speak to someone, you can call Samaritans at any time for free on 116 123