Two hospitalised following Graveley Road crash
- Credit: Google Maps
Two individuals have been taken to hospital following a crash in the village of Graveley, between Stevenage and Letchworth.
The incident took place on Graveley Road, at approximately 8.58am this morning (Thursday, September 15).
A green Honda Jazz and a white Mercedes were involved in the crash.
Officers from Hertfordshire police attended the scene, along with two ambulances from the East of England Ambulance Service and crews from Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service.
Following the collision, two individuals were taken to Lister Hospital, Stevenage.
Road closures were also put in place at the time.
Motorists were advised to avoid the area, and to utilise alternative routes where possible.
- 1 Possible changes to bin collections in North Herts
- 2 'Terrible' oil spill in Hitchin river causes multiple bird deaths
- 3 Man reportedly 'exposed himself' in front of 14-year-old girl on Thameslink train
- 4 Two arrests made in connection with Stevenage brawl
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns this week
- 6 Plans to change Lord Lister Hotel into homeless shelter approved
- 7 New funding to combat fly-tipping in Stevenage
- 8 Plans for more flats in Stevenage Old Town
- 9 Speed limit reduction for A507 between Shefford and Clophill
- 10 Stevenage stabbings: Three men suffer life-changing injuries
A spokesperson for Hertfordshire police said: "Police were called just after 7.50am this morning (Thursday 15 September) to reports of a two vehicle road traffic collision at Graveley Road, Graveley.
"A green Honda Jazz and white Mercedes were involved and minor injuries were reported.
"A road closure was put in place to allow the ambulance service, and fire and rescue service, to attend the scene but has since re-opened.”
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service added: "Two ambulances were sent to Graveley Road (B197) Graveley this morning following reports of a road traffic collision.
"Two patients were transported to Lister Hospital for further assessment and care."