GALLERY: Trees blown down in Stevenage following overnight storm
- Credit: Archant
Trees have blown down in residential streets following strong winds across Comet county last night (Friday).
One tree fell down in Shephall Lane, Stevenage, with the branches causing damage to a parked car.
While another came down in nearby Broadwater Crescent, Stevenage, covering one side of the road.
Rectory Lane in Stevenage was blocked this morning after trees fell from the wooded area alondgside the road.
Hertfordshire Highways were out throughout the night dealing with the effects of the storm.
You may also want to watch:
Hertfordshire is braced for more heavy rain and wind as the Met Office warned last night (Friday) of further stormy weather into the weekend.
Click the link below for more pictures of the storm damage.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises