Fog wreaks havoc after two crashes leave five hospitalised
FIVE people have been hospitalised in two separate crashes after a car collided with a lamppost and a van hit a tree and rolled down the embankment this afternoon (Friday).
Emergency services were first called to Stevenage Road in Little Wymondley at around 2.45pm following reports that a black Nissan Micra had rolled over and hit a lamppost, leaving the car resting on its roof in the road.
Four teenagers, two aged 17 and two aged 18, were taken to Lister Hospital with minor injuries following the incident.
The road was closed in both directions but has now been reopened.
One hour later a man in 60s was driving a white Ford Transit down Martins Way, Stevenage, when the van hit a tree and rolled down the embankment and onto a cycle path below.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson, who attended the scene, said: “On arrival the man who was driving the van was out of his vehicle and being cared for by members of the public who stopped to help.
“Paramedics checked him over before he was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage with slight injuries.”
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 3 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 6 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
Heavy fog in the area is making visibility very difficult.