Firefighters tackle Stevenage and Letchworth house blazes
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled two house blazes over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend.
Crews were first called to Harper Court in Stevenage just before 1am on the early hours of Friday morning after a fire started in the loft of a mid-terrace house. The blaze was declared out an hour later.
The service received another 999 call on Saturday afternoon when a householder reported their two-storey detached home in Lytton Avenue, Letchworth GC, was alight.
The fire began in a first-floor bedroom at about 3.40pm and had been dealt with by 4.25pm.
Investigating officers have recorded the incident as accidental.
No one was hurt in either blaze.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change