Firefighters tackle Stevenage and Letchworth house blazes
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled two house blazes over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend.
Crews were first called to Harper Court in Stevenage just before 1am on the early hours of Friday morning after a fire started in the loft of a mid-terrace house. The blaze was declared out an hour later.
The service received another 999 call on Saturday afternoon when a householder reported their two-storey detached home in Lytton Avenue, Letchworth GC, was alight.
The fire began in a first-floor bedroom at about 3.40pm and had been dealt with by 4.25pm.
Investigating officers have recorded the incident as accidental.
You may also want to watch:
No one was hurt in either blaze.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas