Firefighters called to flooded Lister Hospital in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to Lister Hospital in Stevenage today after reports of flooding in the basement.
Crews, as well as a support unit from Hitchin, used a Wacker pump to clear the water from the hospital’s boiler plant in Coreys Mill Lane.
Lister continued to operate as normal.
Earlier, a pensioner was rescued from a smoke-filled flat in Stevenage after a neighbour heard a smoke alarm go off and called 999.
The elderly person inside, who had been cooking, was taken to hospital but their condition is not known.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters have praised the ‘wonderfully vigilant’ neighbour for her actions.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie