Firefighters called to barn fire near Hitchin

Firefighters are striking over the government's proposed pension changes

Firefighters are striking over the government's proposed pension changes - Credit: Archant

Several gas cylinders had to be made safe by fire crews last night (Sunday) after a barn caught fire.

Firefighters were called to the barn at The Priory, Little Wymondley, at 5.42pm after it caught fire.

The barn, near Hitchin, is used as a catering facility and firefighters had to ensure several propane cylinders were made safe before they could leave the scene.

Four fire engines attended the incident and an electrical company was called after it was discovered the fire may have caused electrical problems.

The barn was declared safe at 7.08pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus