Fire crews rescue driver after car crashes into tree in Biggleswade
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters from Sandy and Potton had to cut a man free from a car this morning in Biggleswade after it crashed into a tree.
Fire crews, police and ambulance went to the scene on the southbound carriageway of the A1 at the Sainsbury’s roundabout after the car collided with the tree and was left vertically resting against it.
Firefighters used cutting equipment to free the driver from the upturned vehicle.
A second person was also injured during the incident. It is not clear whether they were also inside the car.
Three ambulances went to the scene as well as rescue and support vehicles.
The driver of the car was freed from the vehicle and taken to Stevenage’s Lister Hospital.
It is thought he suffered a serious leg injury but it is not thought to be life threatening.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 3 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 4 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
- 8 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 9 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 10 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
The second casualty was taken to Bedford Hospital.