Fire crews rescue driver after car crashes into tree in Biggleswade
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters from Sandy and Potton had to cut a man free from a car this morning in Biggleswade after it crashed into a tree.
Fire crews, police and ambulance went to the scene on the southbound carriageway of the A1 at the Sainsbury’s roundabout after the car collided with the tree and was left vertically resting against it.
Firefighters used cutting equipment to free the driver from the upturned vehicle.
A second person was also injured during the incident. It is not clear whether they were also inside the car.
Three ambulances went to the scene as well as rescue and support vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car was freed from the vehicle and taken to Stevenage’s Lister Hospital.
It is thought he suffered a serious leg injury but it is not thought to be life threatening.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
The second casualty was taken to Bedford Hospital.