Fire crews race into action as 4x4 vehicle blazes on A1(M)
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews from Baldock and Stevenage were called into action on Saturday morning after reports that a car was on fire.
They responded to a 999 alert on the A1(M) south of Letchworth Gate at 11.11am, and found a grey 4x4 vehicle, believed to be an upmarket Land-Rover model, ablaze.
Comet reader Tayla Clelland reported that the blaze happened on the slip road on to the motorway, and that two fire engines as well as ambulance staff and police were on the scene.
A picture of the damaged car posted on the social network site Twitter after the fire had been put out showed a blackened engine compartment, cracked windscreen and other damage.
One commenter said: “Imagine driving along and then suddenly... Hope they’re OK.”
You may also want to watch:
The 999 crews reported that the blaze was dealt with by 11.24am and the incident only caused slight delays for other motorists.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 4 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 7 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?