Fire crews from across Herts called to blaze in flat above pub in Ashwell
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters from across the county dealt with a blaze in a flat above the Three Tuns pub in Ashwell this afternoon.
Fire crews from Letchworth, Baldock, Stevenage, Hertford, Royston and Buntingford were called at 12.10pm after the fire broke out at the pub in High Street.
They used breathing apparatus to enter the first floor flat and hoses and covering jets to dampen the blaze.
The fire was out by 1.30pm.
Police were also at the scene but the blaze is thought to have started accidentally.
You may also want to watch:
There were no reported casualties.
More updates here as we have them.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation