Evening traffic report: Tailbacks on A1(M) and A1 northbound
- Credit: Archant
There are long tailbacks on the A1(M) and A1 heading north this evening, with traffic stationary from Hatfield to Welwyn – and congestion near Biggleswade too.
The traffic is worst between Junction 3 for Hatfield and Junction 6 for Welwyn, and is comparatively clear thereafter until the southern roundabout for Biggleswade.
Traffic is slow between the two Biggleswade roundabouts, and further north at Sandy and the Black Cat roundabout.
Off the motorway, there is congestion in Hitchin on the A505 from Luton, in Bedford Road and Paynes Park, and on the A602 Stevenage Road.
A lane is closed on the A505 between Luton and Hitchin due to barrier repair work.
There are also tailbacks coming onto the A1 at Sandy via the A603 from Moggerhanger.
Traffic is slow on the B656 Stevenage Road, between Knebworth and Stevenage, and in Letchworth Gate at Junction 9.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 8 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown