Evening traffic report: Tailbacks on A1(M) and A1 northbound
- Credit: Archant
There are long tailbacks on the A1(M) and A1 heading north this evening, with traffic stationary from Hatfield to Welwyn – and congestion near Biggleswade too.
The traffic is worst between Junction 3 for Hatfield and Junction 6 for Welwyn, and is comparatively clear thereafter until the southern roundabout for Biggleswade.
Traffic is slow between the two Biggleswade roundabouts, and further north at Sandy and the Black Cat roundabout.
Off the motorway, there is congestion in Hitchin on the A505 from Luton, in Bedford Road and Paynes Park, and on the A602 Stevenage Road.
A lane is closed on the A505 between Luton and Hitchin due to barrier repair work.
You may also want to watch:
There are also tailbacks coming onto the A1 at Sandy via the A603 from Moggerhanger.
Traffic is slow on the B656 Stevenage Road, between Knebworth and Stevenage, and in Letchworth Gate at Junction 9.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site