Train disruption caused by unfinished engineering works at Royston
- Credit: Archant
Disruption to this morning’s train services between Cambridge and Hitchin is expected to continue until 10am, following engineering works not being finished on time at Royston station.
While all lines are currently open, train services running through the station may be cancelled or delayed, with problems set to continue through to 10am.
Services going through Royston are experiencing delays of up to 20 minutes.
The work carried out by Network Rail - which was taking place overnight at Royston - over ran this morning, causing all services through Royston to be delayed.
This work was finished at 5.57am.
You may also want to watch:
The backlog is also affecting services from Moorgate to Hertford North, Moorgate to Welwyn Garden City and London Kings Cross to Cambridge.
Passengers are advised to check before they travel.
- 1 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon
- 2 Appeal to sign petition over future of ancient woodland in Stevenage
- 3 How many people in Stevenage were fined for breaking COVID-19 laws?
- 4 SG1 regeneration officially under way as holding direction is lifted
- 5 Hitchin schoolboy Alex Kirk signs professional deal with Arsenal
- 6 New stewards employed to crack down on breaches of COVID-19 regulations
- 7 Man sentenced for smashing garage window, assault and drugs offences
- 8 Do you have memories of Stevenage's Bowes Lyon skate park for history book?
- 9 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 10 'Incredible community spirit' pays for boy's medical chest brace after shock diagnosis