Two children involved in same day collisions with cars in Letchworth and Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Two children were sent to hospital yesterday afternoon after separate incidents involving collisions with cars in Stevenage and Letchworth Garden City.
Police were called to the junction of Fairlands Way and The White Way at around 3.15pm yesterday afternoon, after reports that an 11-year-old boy on a bicycle had collided with a VW Golf.
The driver of the Golf, a woman, remained at the scene while police and paramedics attended.
The child suffered bruising but no serious injury, and was taken to hospital as a precaution. The driver of the car was uninjured.
And just 30 minutes later, the emergency services – including the air ambulance – were called to reports of a collision between a girl, six, and a Fiat in Letchworth.
You may also want to watch:
The girl suffered a leg injury and hospitalised, however her injuries are not believed to be life–threatening.
The driver of the Fiat, a woman, was uninjured.
- 1 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 2 "The most important lesson I've learned is to not give up" - Stevenage girl pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- 3 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 4 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 5 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 6 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 PE teachers to run seven marathons in seven days
- 9 Early start catches Stevenage sleeping as Mansfield claim the three points
- 10 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
Bursland was closed to allow emergency services to work at the scene, but was reopened by 5.30pm.