Man, 74, dies after Letchworth crash
- Credit: Archant
A 74-year-old man has sadly died after a crash in Letchworth on Saturday.
Police were called at 7.14pm to reports of the single vehicle collision on Eastern Way involving a Citroen C3.
The car had collided with a lamppost, and police and the ambulance service attended.
Officers confirmed: "Sadly the 74-year-old male driver of the vehicle died at the scene.
"A passenger was taken to hospital for treatment for injuries not thought to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
"Any witnesses or anyone with dash cam footage of the incident is asked to make contact with police."
You can report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator in the Force Communications Room via online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101 quoting ISR 655 of 21 December.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin