East of England Ambulance Service announce new interim chairman
- Credit: Archant
The new interim chairman of the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST) has been named.
Sarah Boulton takes over the position from Geoff Harris, who resigned from the role in January, and will earn a salary of £37,146 after taking up the post on March 10.
Ms Boulton has previously chaired a number of NHS organisations including NHS Midlands and East Strategic Health Authority.
About her appointment, she said: “This is a great opportunity to work with the board, staff and volunteers at the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust and be part of the team to improve the service. This is going to take time but having met with new chief executive Dr Anthony Marsh, I am pleased with the actions which have already been put in place and the progress being made. I look forward to working with the trust board and engaging with staff and stakeholders to deliver the improvements needed.”
Dr Marsh added: “I am delighted that Sarah is joining EEAST as chairman. She brings a wealth of experience and expertise to the service and I look forward to working with her as we make changes, better support staff and improve services to patients.”
You may also want to watch:
The NHS Trust Development Authority and EEAST will be launching the recruitment process for a permanent chairman in the next few weeks.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 5 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village