East of England Ambulance Service announce new interim chairman
- Credit: Archant
The new interim chairman of the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST) has been named.
Sarah Boulton takes over the position from Geoff Harris, who resigned from the role in January, and will earn a salary of £37,146 after taking up the post on March 10.
Ms Boulton has previously chaired a number of NHS organisations including NHS Midlands and East Strategic Health Authority.
About her appointment, she said: “This is a great opportunity to work with the board, staff and volunteers at the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust and be part of the team to improve the service. This is going to take time but having met with new chief executive Dr Anthony Marsh, I am pleased with the actions which have already been put in place and the progress being made. I look forward to working with the trust board and engaging with staff and stakeholders to deliver the improvements needed.”
Dr Marsh added: “I am delighted that Sarah is joining EEAST as chairman. She brings a wealth of experience and expertise to the service and I look forward to working with her as we make changes, better support staff and improve services to patients.”
The NHS Trust Development Authority and EEAST will be launching the recruitment process for a permanent chairman in the next few weeks.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist