Driving ban for Stevenage woman who caused Graveley junction crash
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage woman who caused an accident involving three cars because she was drunk at the wheel has been banned from driving.
Amie Keene, of Webb Rise, was over the drink drive limit when she crashed her black Ford Focus into a black Vauxhall Insignia at the junction between Graveley Road and North Road on April 7.
She failed to stop after the collision and did not report it to the police.
Officers were called to the junction – notorious for crashes – after reports that a car had collided with two other vehicles.
No-one was seriously injured in the crash but one of the vehicles caught fire.
You may also want to watch:
A fire engine from Stevenage dealt with the blaze and ambulance crews gave minor first aid to three people at the scene.
At Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on Monday, the 32-year-old pleaded guilty to three separate charges of driving a vehicle when alcohol was above the legal limit, failing to stop after a road accident and failing to report being involved in an accident.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 5 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory
She was banned from driving for 16 months, fined £320 and ordered to pay £85 costs and £20 victim surcharge.