Drivers to be diverted off A1(M) at Stevenage as carriageway shuts tonight for urgent repairs
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned of overnight lane closures on the A1(M) tonight while urgent repairs take place.
Road users are advised that there will a stretch of the motorway shut heading nortbound at Junction 6 for Welwyn for one night to carry out essential repairs.
The northbound slip road at the junction will also be closed.
The work will consist of urgent carriageway repairs to a 70m patch in lane two of the exit slip road of the northbound A1(M) at Junction 6.
The slip road and both lanes will be closed from 10pm until 5am tomorrow morning.
You may also want to watch:
According to Highways England, traffic will be diverted to continue on the A1(M) and leave at Junction 7 for Stevenage during the closure, with motorists turning back onto the southbound carriageway to head back towards Junction 6.
Motorists affected by this work are advised to plan ahead and allow extra time for travel.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal