Double smash leaves drivers in hospital
A woman was hospitalised after losing control of her car on the A505 in the early hours this morning (Friday), while a driver ended up in a field in a separate incident on the A507 as rush hour began.
The emergency services were alerted shortly after 1.30am to a silver Citroen Saxo in the middle of the Hitchin bound carriageway near Offley.
Police shut the road, while paramedics treated the woman in her 20s at the scene before taking her to Lister Hospital. The East of England Ambulance service said she suffered slight injuries.
The road was reopened at 3am after the vehicle had been recovered and debris cleared from the carriageway.
Paramedics and police were also called to a seperate incident just before 6.45am after a white Fiat Diablo van left the A507 between Baldock and Buntingford near Cottered and rolled twenty metres into a farmer’s field.
You may also want to watch:
The man in his 30s suffered minor injuries and was taken by ambulance to Lister.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 4 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 7 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 10 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled