Double crash jams A1(M)
TRAFFIC was backed up along the A1(M) yesterday (Tuesday), after two crashes in the space of half an hour.
Police and paramedics were called to the northbound carriageway between Junction 6 for Welwyn and Junction 7 for Stevenage just after 4.20pm, following reports of a collision between a black Land Rover Discovery and a silver Nissan Micra.
Although there were no injuries, emergency services were then called to a second crash that took place at 4.50pm in the resulting tailback.
A motorcyclist riding a silver Honda bike collided with a white van, with the biker receiving minor injuries.
The road was temporarily closed while the Highways Agency recovers the two vehicles from the first crash.
You may also want to watch:
Further traffic delays were caused when a vehicle broke down at around 6pm between Junction 8 and Junction 10.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 Road closures following crash in Letchworth