Delays to northbound train services between Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Rail users are being hit with delays today after safety checks were made on the London King’s Cross to Stevenage line.
Delays will be in place between Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage until at least 2pm.
A spokeswoman for Network Rail said this was due to a problem with an East Coast Mainline train rather than infrastructure.
A statement on the National Rail website said: “There are safety checks of the line being made at Welwyn North is causing delays of up to 30 minutes to trains between Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage.
“There is no firm estimate yet of how long disruption will last but it is likely to continue until at least 2pm.”
You may also want to watch:
Routes affected include Great Northern between London King’s Cross and Cambridge/Peterborough.
London King’s Cross to Hull, the East Coast between London King’s Cross and Leeds/York/Newcastle/Inverness, as well as Grand Central between London King’s Cross and Sunderland are also experiencing delays.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 4 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 9 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?