Delays on A1(M) after four-vehicle collision near Letchworth shuts motorway
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are facing 15 minute delays this morning after the A1(M) was closed after three cars and a lorry collided.
Police were called to the scene between junctions 9 Letchworth gate and 8 Stevenage southbound at around 8am this morning.
A spokeswoman for Hertfordshire Constabulary said a silver Vauxhall Corsa, Honda Jazz and a Volkswagen Polo were in collision with a lorry.
The fire and ambulance services also attended the scene and are still there.
One woman has been injured.
Initially three lanes of the motorway were closed, but one has since been reopened and traffic is expected to flow as normal within the next hour.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?