Delays on A1(M) after four-vehicle collision near Letchworth shuts motorway
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are facing 15 minute delays this morning after the A1(M) was closed after three cars and a lorry collided.
Police were called to the scene between junctions 9 Letchworth gate and 8 Stevenage southbound at around 8am this morning.
A spokeswoman for Hertfordshire Constabulary said a silver Vauxhall Corsa, Honda Jazz and a Volkswagen Polo were in collision with a lorry.
The fire and ambulance services also attended the scene and are still there.
One woman has been injured.
You may also want to watch:
Initially three lanes of the motorway were closed, but one has since been reopened and traffic is expected to flow as normal within the next hour.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?