Cyclist remains critically ill after medical episode in Graveley
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist is critically ill in hospital after he had a medical episode and fell from his bike in Graveley.
At about 6.20am yesterday (July 30), a man in his 60s was cycling along Graveley High Street on a blue pedal bike when he fell to the ground and had to be taken to Stevenage's Lister Hospital.
He remains in a critical condition, and although no other vehicle was involved, Herts police are appealing for any witnesses to come forward.
PC Neil Crosier, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: "The man's family have been made aware and are being supported by officers at this time.
"We are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident, or events leading up to it, to please get in touch."
You may also want to watch:
The High Street between Graveley Lane and Church Lane was closed for about three hours after the incident happened.
Anyone with information should call 101 with reference ISR87 of 30/07.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 4 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 7 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 8 Do you recognise these people?
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Centre's visit from boxing champ a knock out!