Crashes cause traffic delays on A1(M)
TWO crashes and an object left in the road have caused traffic delays on the A1(M) today (Monday) during the morning rush hour.
Emergency services were first called to the A1(M) going southbound between Junction 8 and 7 for Stevenage at around 7.15am when a lorry collided with the central reservation.
One lane was closed while the silver Renault lorry was recovered but has since reopened.
A large piece of wood was also reported at around the same time which was across two northbound carriageways between Junction 6 for Welwyn and Junction 7 for Stevenage. The wood was removed by 7.25am.
Police were then called to a crash involving three vehicles between Junction 8 for Stevenage and 9 for Letchworth Gate at around 8.05am.
No-one was hurt in the northbound collision, involving a white Ford van, a silver Toyota Yaris and a silver Ford Transit, but traffic was slow as a result.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening