Crashes cause traffic delays on A1(M)
TWO crashes and an object left in the road have caused traffic delays on the A1(M) today (Monday) during the morning rush hour.
Emergency services were first called to the A1(M) going southbound between Junction 8 and 7 for Stevenage at around 7.15am when a lorry collided with the central reservation.
One lane was closed while the silver Renault lorry was recovered but has since reopened.
A large piece of wood was also reported at around the same time which was across two northbound carriageways between Junction 6 for Welwyn and Junction 7 for Stevenage. The wood was removed by 7.25am.
Police were then called to a crash involving three vehicles between Junction 8 for Stevenage and 9 for Letchworth Gate at around 8.05am.
You may also want to watch:
No-one was hurt in the northbound collision, involving a white Ford van, a silver Toyota Yaris and a silver Ford Transit, but traffic was slow as a result.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?