Crash leaves person trapped inside car on A1(M) near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters had to use cutting equipment to free a person trapped inside a car following a crash on the A1(M) this morning.
The crash happened just after 6am on the southbound carriageway of the motorway between Junction 7 for Stevenage and Junction 6 for Welwyn when the black car collided with the central reservation.
The crash left a person trapped inside the vehicle and the fire service had to use specialist cutting equipment to free them.
After they were released they were taken to hospital by the East of England Ambulance service.
Both sides of the road were closed for over an hour while the vehicle was recovered.
You may also want to watch:
No one else is understood to have been injured in the crash.
The Comet understands that only one vehicle was involved in the crash.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed