Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- Credit: Velda Umney
A road has been blocked by police following a crash between a van and a car in Stevenage this afternoon.
Police are on the scene of the crash in North Road, close to the Old Town's one-way system.
A spokeswoman said: "Police were called shortly before 2.10pm today, following a road traffic collision involving two vehicles, in North Road, Stevenage.
"Officers are currently on scene and road closures have been put in place."
North Road is blocked in both directions, and traffic is being redirected back through the High Street.
There is currently a build up of traffic on the A602, leading up to the roundabout for Gunnels Wood Road and Martins Way.
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 3 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 4 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 5 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 6 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 7 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 8 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 9 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 10 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “An ambulance attended a road traffic collision on North Road in Stevenage just before 2.30pm today.
"A woman was transported to the Lister Hospital for further assessment and care.”