Crash causes temporary closure of A1(M)
- Credit: Archant
A collision involving two cars occurred this morning (Friday) on the A1(M), temporarily closing the road.
The incident happened when a car hit the central reservation of the A1(M) at 11.44am between junction 9 for Letchworth Gate and junction 10 for Stotfold.
Police were called and used a rolling road block to stop traffic while three fire engines attended the scene, although they were not required to cut anyone free.
The two cars have now been moved onto the hard shoulder and the road has reopened.
At this time it is unclear how the second car became involved in the collision.
You may also want to watch:
No one was injured and the scene was declared safe at 12.30pm.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 4 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 9 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?