Commuters face ‘major delays’ after electrical fault on train tracks at Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
Commuters will face train delays of up to 30 minutes this evening due to electrical faults on the tracks near Potters Bar.
All trains passing through the station have been affected.
Great Northern posted on their website: “Electrical supply problems at Potters Bar causing delays of up to 30mins.”
They also tweeted there could be short notice changes to trains travelling through the area.
The company tweeted: “Trains are running at a reduced speed at #PottersBar causing delays of up to 30mins and short notice alterations. @NetworkRail are on site.”
You may also want to watch:
Lines affected include routes to Stevenage, Cambridge, Peterborough and Welwyn Garden City.
It is thought problems will not be fixed until about 7.30pm.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 6 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 7 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 10 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award