Charity van jammed in entrance to Stevenage car park
A van has become lodged on a bollard, blocking access to a busy Stevenage car park.
The white Peugeot box van belonging to the Waste Not Want Not gardening social enterprise in Codicote is perched on a metal post on the entrance to the Primett Road public car park.
The fire service and police were called to the scene. A recovery vehicle has been called to free the vehicle.
Driver of the van, 70-year-old Isobel Barnes, who was unharmed in the incident, said she was parking up to go to a charity meeting when the van got stuck.
“It’s such a tight corner and there was no notice to say you can’t take a commercial vehicle in. I reversed because I thought I had hit the kerb. I can’t believe it.”
You may also want to watch:
Vehicles are able to exit the car park.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 5 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory