Cars roll over on A602 in two separate Stevenage crashes within 20 minutes of each other
- Credit: Archant
Two cars have rolled over and ended up on their roofs in separate Stevenage crashes on the A602 which took place within 20 minutes of each other.
Emergency services were first called at 9.40am to Lytton Way in the town after a Vauxhall Corsa overturned while heading along the dual carriageway towards the Six Hills Way roundabout.
A man received first aid at the scene and was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage for further care. An ambulance spokesman said his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Two lanes of the A602 have been shut southbound while the car is being recovered, with motorists struggling to exit Tesco car park as a result.
About 20 mins later police, ambulance and fire crews were required again after a collision in Hitchin Road just past the roundabout for Gunnels Wood Road and Martins Way.
A Fiat 500 and a Toyota Auris were involved in the crash, which left the latter on its roof.
Firefighters gave first aid at the scene to two people before paramedics took over. A man was then taken to Lister for treatment, but the extent of his injuries are not yet known.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
Update 12.20pm: Lytton Way is now clear.