Cars roll over on A602 in two separate Stevenage crashes within 20 minutes of each other
- Credit: Archant
Two cars have rolled over and ended up on their roofs in separate Stevenage crashes on the A602 which took place within 20 minutes of each other.
Emergency services were first called at 9.40am to Lytton Way in the town after a Vauxhall Corsa overturned while heading along the dual carriageway towards the Six Hills Way roundabout.
A man received first aid at the scene and was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage for further care. An ambulance spokesman said his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Two lanes of the A602 have been shut southbound while the car is being recovered, with motorists struggling to exit Tesco car park as a result.
About 20 mins later police, ambulance and fire crews were required again after a collision in Hitchin Road just past the roundabout for Gunnels Wood Road and Martins Way.
You may also want to watch:
A Fiat 500 and a Toyota Auris were involved in the crash, which left the latter on its roof.
Firefighters gave first aid at the scene to two people before paramedics took over. A man was then taken to Lister for treatment, but the extent of his injuries are not yet known.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
Update 12.20pm: Lytton Way is now clear.