Car overturns in A1 collision
- Credit: Archant
A COLLISION which left a car on its roof has sparked an appeal for the driver of a blue Audi TT to come forward.
The car was involved in a collision on the A1 at Stotfold yesterday afternoon (Monday) which happened at about 4.50pm near the A1 northbound slip road at Stotfold.
Reports suggest the collision started further down the road with the male driver of the Audi TT initially travelling behind a Vauxhall Corsa while flashing his lights.
When the Corsa started to pull over into the slower lane, a third car, a Ford Mondeo, was forced to swerve, resulting in the Mondeo ending up on its roof in the road. The driver of the Audi TT did not stop.
The woman in the Corsa was not injured and the man in the Mondeo sustained minor injuries to his back.
You may also want to watch:
The incident caused disruption to traffic with one lane blocked as emergency services worked to recover the vehicle.
Pc Mark Atkins, from the roads policing unit, is investigating the incident and would like to hear from anyone who saw what happened or knows someone who owns a blue TT who may have been driving in the area at the time.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 8 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
He can be contacted via the police non-emergency number 101 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org