Car overturns in A1 collision
- Credit: Archant
A COLLISION which left a car on its roof has sparked an appeal for the driver of a blue Audi TT to come forward.
The car was involved in a collision on the A1 at Stotfold yesterday afternoon (Monday) which happened at about 4.50pm near the A1 northbound slip road at Stotfold.
Reports suggest the collision started further down the road with the male driver of the Audi TT initially travelling behind a Vauxhall Corsa while flashing his lights.
When the Corsa started to pull over into the slower lane, a third car, a Ford Mondeo, was forced to swerve, resulting in the Mondeo ending up on its roof in the road. The driver of the Audi TT did not stop.
The woman in the Corsa was not injured and the man in the Mondeo sustained minor injuries to his back.
The incident caused disruption to traffic with one lane blocked as emergency services worked to recover the vehicle.
Pc Mark Atkins, from the roads policing unit, is investigating the incident and would like to hear from anyone who saw what happened or knows someone who owns a blue TT who may have been driving in the area at the time.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
He can be contacted via the police non-emergency number 101 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org