Car on its side in bushes after ‘swerving to avoid broken-down vehicle’ on A602 between Hitchin and Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A car heading towards Stevenage on the A602 from Hitchin this morning ended up on its side in the bushes after seemingly swerving to avoid a broken-down vehicle.
Emergency crews were called to the scene on the A602’s Little Wymondley bypass stretch at 8.34am this morning.
A police spokeswoman said that it appeared the car had ‘lost control and gone into the hedge’ while officers were dealing with a broken-down vehicle blocking the carriageway.
“There was another vehicle that had broken down next to the central reservation,” she said.
“While officers were dealing with that, the other car has crashed into the hedge.”
You may also want to watch:
An eyewitness told the Comet: “It looks very bad. It’s on its side in the bushes.”
An ambulance spokesman said the driver had managed to get out of the car without assistance, and was not injured.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
Police and fire crews are still at the scene.
There was already heavy congestion on the road this morning because of temporary traffic lights next to Kingshott School.