Appeal launched after car rolls on A602 in early hours
- Credit: Archant
Police are looking for two men after a car rolled onto its roof following a crash on the A602 between Hitchin and Stevenage.
A silver Vauxhall Corsa Club was being driven along the dual carriageway towards Hitchin – near the junction for Ashbrook – when the crash occurred at about 3.45am on Friday.
It is believed the car crossed the central island, damaging an illuminated ‘keep left’ sign before rolling multiple times and landing on its roof in an embankment.
Two men were seen fleeing the scene towards Hitchin, with officers supported by the dog unit unable to locate them.
PC William Cox, from the North Herts Intervention Team, said: “I am appealing for anyone who saw the collision or the events leading up to it to get in touch. Similarly, I would urge anyone who might have caught what happened on dash cam to make contact.
You may also want to watch:
“The driver of the Vauxhall Corsa was not at the scene on arrival and we’re particularly keen to trace this man and any passengers to check that they are OK.”
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or fill out the charity’s anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin