Car crashes through railings in Stevenage High Street
- Credit: Archant
A car crashed through railings in Stevenage High Street this afternoon, leaving it precariously balanced on a wall.
Police and fire crews were called to reports of a black Honda Civic colliding with railings at 2.43pm.
One lane was closed as the vehicle was recovered and thankfully no one was injured.
The crash has caused concern for shop owners though, with Jo Sorrell of Cardies believing it may happen again.
"The car almost came through my living room," she told the Comet.
You may also want to watch:
"Ringway have been here and I asked them what they will be doing. They are going to put a few plastic barriers up and there is nothing to stop someone going through it again.
"It's been like this before for a year. Someone will come off the road and go through that tonight."
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 5 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 6 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 7 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 8 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 9 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
- 10 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs