Car crashes through railings in Stevenage High Street
- Credit: Archant
A car crashed through railings in Stevenage High Street this afternoon, leaving it precariously balanced on a wall.
Police and fire crews were called to reports of a black Honda Civic colliding with railings at 2.43pm.
One lane was closed as the vehicle was recovered and thankfully no one was injured.
The crash has caused concern for shop owners though, with Jo Sorrell of Cardies believing it may happen again.
"The car almost came through my living room," she told the Comet.
"Ringway have been here and I asked them what they will be doing. They are going to put a few plastic barriers up and there is nothing to stop someone going through it again.
"It's been like this before for a year. Someone will come off the road and go through that tonight."
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 10 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans