Car comes off the road and driver taken to hospital after A505 Hitchin crash
- Credit: Archant
A motorist was taken to hospital yesterday evening after his car left the A505 in Hitchin.
Officers were called shortly before 7pm following the incident at the junction between Cambridge Road and Meadowbank.
A police spokeswoman said that the car had left the carriageway and come to rest on an embankment.
An ambulance service rapid response vehicle and an ambulance crew also attended, and a spokesman has told the Comet that the initial report they received was that the driver – a man in his 20s – was unconscious, but when they arrived he was awake. He was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage as a precautionary measure.
The driver was taken to hospital and the vehicle was recovered.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood police left the scene by 8.30pm.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 10 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack