Car collides with listed building at ‘notorious’ Baldock crossroads
- Credit: Archant
A car collided with a listed building in Baldock town centre yesterday evening, prompting those who saw it to demand something be done about the “notorious crossroads” where it happened.
The collision took place around 8pm when a red vehicle ploughed into wooden supports at the front of one of the listed buildings opposite the Old White Horse pub at the junction between Clothall Road, Royston Road and Whitehorse Street.
Police were called to the scene and are currently investigating the crash.
The Comet understands no-one was seriously injured.
The crossroads has been the site of numerous collisions in the past and residents have repeatedly called for safety measures to be put in place.
You may also want to watch:
One eyewitness posted on the We Love Baldock Facebook page: “When is the council going to sort out this junction? Do we really need a death before something is done?”
More updates will be posted here as we have them
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?