Car collides with listed building at ‘notorious’ Baldock crossroads
- Credit: Archant
A car collided with a listed building in Baldock town centre yesterday evening, prompting those who saw it to demand something be done about the “notorious crossroads” where it happened.
The collision took place around 8pm when a red vehicle ploughed into wooden supports at the front of one of the listed buildings opposite the Old White Horse pub at the junction between Clothall Road, Royston Road and Whitehorse Street.
Police were called to the scene and are currently investigating the crash.
The Comet understands no-one was seriously injured.
The crossroads has been the site of numerous collisions in the past and residents have repeatedly called for safety measures to be put in place.
One eyewitness posted on the We Love Baldock Facebook page: “When is the council going to sort out this junction? Do we really need a death before something is done?”
More updates will be posted here as we have them
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist