Burst water main cuts off supply to homes and businesses in parts of Hitchin and Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Businesses and homes in parts of Stevenage and Hitchin currently have no water.
In the SG1 area of Stevenage water has been cut off after a water main was damaged.
Affinity Water says the damage was done by ‘a third party’ and says repair teams are fixing the problem.
In the SG4 area of Hitchin, a water main has burst at Kimpton Bottom which has disrupted the supply.
Affinity Water has apologised for the problems and issued a statement saying: “During this time we ask you not to use any electrical appliances that require a water supply, for example washing machines or dishwashers and to conserve water from storage tanks during the time your water supply is interrupted.
“If you do still have a supply, we would advise you to store some water for drinking, in case your water has to be switched off for a repair to be completed.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and aim to restore your supply to normal as soon as possible.”
- 1 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 2 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 3 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 4 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 5 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 6 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 7 Seriously injured assault victim waited FOUR hours in ambulance outside Lister
- 8 Graffiti artist's NHS tribute in Stevenage underpass
- 9 Driver disqualified after admitting to drinking wine at the wheel
- 10 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
For updates visit www.affinitywater.co.uk