Buildings evacuated after ammonia leak in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
BUILDINGS have been evacuated after reports of an ammonia leak.
The leak came from a building occupied by TTI group in Blackhorse Road, Letchworth GC. Fire crews were called at 11.49am today (Tuesday).
The road was closed and all buildings adjacent to the area were evacuated.
A decontamination area was set up, with Hertfordshire fire service and police and environmental experts in attendance.
Crews managed to isolate the chemicals by 12.48pm and isolated the leak at 1.29pm.
You may also want to watch:
TTI provide a range of surface treatment and heat treatment services to the UK engineering industry.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 3 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home