Broken down train causes ‘major delays’ between London King’s Cross and Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Travellers are facing delays this afternoon after a train broke down in North London blocking lines to Hertfordshire and beyond.
A broken down train at Alexandra Palace is causing delays for people using northbound Great Northern and Virgin Trains East Coast services.
A spokesman for Virgin Trains tweeted the disruptions would last till at least 4.30pm.
Customers are being advised to use alternative routes.
A spokesperson wrote on the Great Northern website: “Northbound lines are blocked due to a broken down at Alexandra Palace.
You may also want to watch:
“Customers travelling from Harringay, Hornsey or Alexandra Palace towards Welwyn Garden City are advised to circulate south via Finsbury Park for a northbound train.
“Passengers travelling north to Harringay, Hornsey or Alexandra Palace are advised to use the Hertford service.”
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises