Both lanes closed on A1(M) after three-car crash
- Credit: Archant
Both lanes of the A1(M) between junction 6 for Welwyn and 7 for Stevenage have been shut this morning (Thursday) after a three-car collision.
Emergency services were called at about 8.55am to the northbound carriageway of the motorway after reports that a Ford Focus, a Volkswagen and a Seat Ibiza had collided, with both lanes currently shut.
Firefighters have cut the roof off the top of the Volkswagen to free a man, who after assessment by the ambulance service is being taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
Two fire crews from Stevenage, one from Welwyn GC and the rescue support unit from St Albans are currently at the scene.
Traffic is passing on the hard shoulder and is heavy northbound.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed