Man taken to hospital after crash on A1 near Biggleswade
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital following a crash on the A1 between the first and second Biggleswade roundabouts.
Police were called to the scene at 2.41pm. No other cars were involved in the incident.
The road remains closed in both directions near the junction for the A6001, and a diversion route is in place.
There is currently around two miles of queuing traffic approaching the closure.
Road users are being directed off the A1 onto the B568 – Hill Lane.
You may also want to watch:
At Shefford, drviers should then join the A507 eastbound towards Henlow, continue towards Stotfold, and rejoin the A1.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 5 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 6 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 7 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 8 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 9 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals