Bank holiday power cut affects thousands
PEOPLE across Comet Country were plunged into darkness last night (Monday) after a fault on the electric grid.
The power cut took place at 10.27pm and electricity was gradually restored by 11.51pm.
Letchworth GC and Baldock were among the areas affected.
A spokesperson for EDF Energy Networks, the region’s power supplier, said: “EDF Energy Networks would like to apologise to several thousand customers in the Stevenage area who lost power supplies at 10.27pm on Monday night (30 August) after a fault at a major substation.
“Our engineers worked as quickly and as safely as possible to restore supplies.
“The first customers had power again within 15 minutes with all supplies back on, in stages, by 11.51pm.
“We have fixed it now and everyone should be back on.”
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000