Baldock hedgerows a hazard
- Credit: Archant
A resident is concerned a footpath which is partly covered by an overgrown hedge is dangerous.
Kathleen Chapman, 56, says she has complained to Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) three times in the last month about the hedgerow on the corner of Weston Way and London Road in Baldock.
The London Road resident said: “My son saw a daughter pushing her mother in a wheelchair along the path and could see her trying to get past the overhanging branches. While she was struggling, two wheels came off the path, tipping the wheelchair over and throwing her mother into the road.
“My son went running out and two other cars stopped to help him. If it had been rush hour that lady would have been killed.”
She said she has watched joggers going onto the road and mums with buggies trying to get past the bramble.
You may also want to watch:
“It wouldn’t take long to cut it back,” she said. “I feel like going out there and doing it myself but I have just had a hip replacement. It left me speechless when the council told me this week it was deemed to be safe.”
A spokesman for Ringway, working on behalf of HCC, said: “All reports of faults on Hertfordshire’s roads through the online fault reporting system are investigated by our engineers and any works required are planned in line with industry standard specifications and timelines.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
“We would encourage residents to report faults to us through the online fault reporting system www.hertsdirect.org/highwayfaults”
A spokesman for HCC said the matter would be looked into.