B656 shut after a van collides with deer and goes into hedge on Hitchin outskirts
- Credit: Archant
The B656 is closed after a van collided with a deer and went into a hedge on the outskirts of Hitchin.
Emergency services were called at about 5.05pm to London Road, St Ippolyts, after a man driving a van hit a deer and then went into a hedge near to the former Greyhound pub.
Paramedics were on the scene within three minutes and are currently treating the man, who is not believed to have life-threatening injuries.
As well as an ambulance, rapid response vehicle and an ambulance officer, an air ambulance was also called to the scene but it is not clear whether the crew have been required.
Firefighters were also called to reports the man was trapped, but on arrival this was not the case. Crews made the scene safe and assisted paramedics.
You may also want to watch:
Police have shut London Road at the junction for Sperberry Hill.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema