Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- Credit: David Howard
An Audi driver aged in his 20s has died following a crash with a lorry on the A507 in Bedfordshire.
The silver Audi A6 was traveling westbound towards Clophill when it collided with an articulated lorry near Beadlow just after 12am this morning (May 25).
Emergency services attended the scene, but the driver of the Audi, a man in his 20s, sadly died.
His family have been informed and are being supported by specialist officers and the lorry driver was treated for minor injuries.
The road was closed for a period while the scene is made safe, and has since reopened.
Investigators are appealing for anyone with information which could help their enquiries to contact police.
Detective Constable Felicity Moody, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “Our enquiries into this collision are at an early stage and our thoughts are with the family and friends of the young man who has lost his life.
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 3 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 4 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 5 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 Funeral mass for beloved Kajetan Migdal to take place in Letchworth
- 8 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 9 Hertfordshire businesses honoured in Muddy Stilettos Awards 2022
- 10 Stevenage fun day in aid of TRACKS Autism
“We would like to hear from anyone in the area at the time who may have information that could help our investigation.
“In particular we would like to hear from anyone with dashcam footage which may have captured the vehicles involved in the moments before the collision.”
Anyone with information or dashcam footage is asked to call 101 or visit Bedfordshire Police’s online reporting tool, quoting Operation Include.