Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- Credit: Google Maps
A motorist has been arrested after a car crashed into two parked vehicles in Hitchin.
The incident occurred at around 3.45am yesterday morning (Saturday, July 2).
During the event, an Audi collided with two parked vehicles on Hollow Lane.
Officers from Hertfordshire Police attended the scene, along with firefighters from Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service.
A team from Hitchin Fire Station was sent to deal with the incident.
No injuries have been reported following the crash.
The driver of the Audi has since been arrested on suspicion of failing to stop for police.
- 1 Plans for Hollywood's Sunset Studios in Hertfordshire move a step closer
- 2 Teen arrested in connection with Stevenage rape
- 3 15 monkeypox cases confirmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Music festival Old Town Live set to return with stages in High Street and venues across Stevenage Old Town
- 5 Double murderer Ian Stewart has whole life order reduced
- 6 Green light for Stevenage high-rise flats on Icon site
- 7 Three charged with modern slavery offences amid A1 drugs investigation
- 8 Player ratings: Who got the new season off to a bang as Stevenage went to Tranmere Rovers?
- 9 Roberts hails the Evans effect after Stevenage winner at Tranmere
- 10 Summer dry weather reveals ornate designs of Knebworth House's Victorian gardens
They remain in police custody.
A spokesperson for Hertfordshire Police said: "An Audi collided with two parked vehicles in Hollow Lane at 3.45am this morning (Saturday, July 2).
"The driver has been arrested on suspicion of failing to stop for police and is currently in police custody."
A spokesperson for Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "A Hitchin fire crew attended a one vehicle RTC (Road Traffic Collision) on Hollow Lane, Hitchin.
"No persons trapped, crew made scene safe."