Arrest on suspicion of drink-driving after car crashes into central barrier on A1(M) between Letchworth and Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A motorist who crashed into the A1(M)’s central barrier between Letchworth and Stevenage yesterday has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving.
No other vehicles were involved in the smash between Junction 9 and 8 at about 2.20pm yesterday.
The driver was taken to hospital with minor injuries and the red Seat Altea was recovered.
A 32-year-old man from Bradford was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving.
In a separate incident, police were called at 1.38pm yesterday after a red Ford Mustang crashed into the central reservation near Junction 8 of the A1(M) southbound, near Stevenage.
No injuries were recorded following the crash. Recovery was arranged for the Mustang.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 8 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening