Arrest on suspicion of drink-driving after car crashes into central barrier on A1(M) between Letchworth and Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A motorist who crashed into the A1(M)’s central barrier between Letchworth and Stevenage yesterday has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving.
No other vehicles were involved in the smash between Junction 9 and 8 at about 2.20pm yesterday.
The driver was taken to hospital with minor injuries and the red Seat Altea was recovered.
A 32-year-old man from Bradford was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving.
In a separate incident, police were called at 1.38pm yesterday after a red Ford Mustang crashed into the central reservation near Junction 8 of the A1(M) southbound, near Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
No injuries were recorded following the crash. Recovery was arranged for the Mustang.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 3 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin