Appeal to trace driver of grey car after red Corsa leaves A1(M) between Letchworth and Stevenage and catches fire
- Credit: Archant
Police have appealed for a motorist who witnessed a crash on the A1(M) between Letchworth and Stevenage on Friday to come forward.
At about 6.55am that morning a red Vauxhall Corsa was travelling southbound between Junction 9 and 8 when the driver crossed the hard shoulder, hit the boundary fence and collided with a tree.
Passing motorists stopped to help the 22-year-old driver from her car, which had caught fire. She suffered serious facial injuries and was taken by ambulance to hospital.
Officers investigating the incident would like to speak to the driver of a grey car who witnessed it, and who may have information about what happened.
PC Philip Watts, investigating, said: “I am appealing for the driver of the grey car to contact me as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m also keen to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision or saw the red Vauxhall Corsa or grey vehicle before the incident to get in touch.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Watts via the non-emergency number 101, quoting reference number ISR 67 of April 29, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. Alternatively use Crimestoppers’ anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash